Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bridesmaid and flower girl gift bags


So, I started putting together the beginnings of my bridesmaids' gift bags. I figure since I have a whole year to plan this thing, I'll use it to my advantage. I have vowed that I will not buy anything (and I mean anything) for the wedding that isn't on sale, or just super cheap to begin with.

*Sidenote: feel free to skip to the bottom if you don't want to go through my whole decision-making process*

These totes were originally $24 on The Knot's wedding shop. And that was just for the bag, it was another $7.75 to put an initial on it. I bought them for $5.99 each with free personalization. 

The matching cosmetic bags were originally $9.95. I got those for $5.99 as well. I chose to get the bag sets in mismatched colors though. "Hot Pink" for half the totes and "Mocha" for the other half. I then reversed those for the cosmetic bags. Basically each girl will get a set of one pink bag and one brown bag, and all the monograms are pink with a brown outline. 
Additionally, I bought the last set of totes for the two flower girls we will have. I got them both in pink with each girl's name on it. Again, these were originally $14.99 each. I bought them for $7.99 each.



These combined with some white eyelet paper lanterns brought my total high enough to get free shipping. Plus, I pulled a 15% off coupon from Retailmenot.com. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with myself.

I'm also planning on putting the following items into the bridesmaid bags:
A mini tissue pack, tic tacs, Asprin, a mini bottle of lotion, a nail file, chapstick, a compact mirror a heart key chain, and a travel coffee mug.


Travel mugs: $1 each


My goal is to be able to do all that for $10 a piece, putting the total for each bag at under $22! I know it sounds like it's not a lot of money, but it is a lot of quality, personalized items - and the total worth of each bag, had I paid full price is actually closer to $75. ( $24 for the tote, $7.75 personalization, $10 for the cosmetic bag, $15 for the compact based on theknot.com, $5 for the coffee mug based on BB&B, and $10 for the other items) Yay savings!

I'm just going to put some lipgloss, a compact, and fingernail polish into the flowergirl bags. 


Bridesmaid Bag Breakdown

$6.00 Totes (Theknot.com)
$8.00 Cosmetic bags (Theknot.com)
$1.00 Coffee mugs (Dollar Tree)
$0.89 Compacts (wrapwithus.com)
$0.89 Key Chains (wrapwithus.com)
$0.49 Asprin (Base Exchange)
$0.49 Hand lotion (Base Exchange)
$0.57 Glitter nail file (Base Exchange)
$0.80 Tic-tacs (Base Exchange)
$0.83 Chapstick (Base Exchange)
$0.33 Hand sanitizer (Dollar Tree)
____________________________
$20.29


I'm also making them all pearl necklaces with the cutest magnetic bow clasps, the pictures for those will be in my next post. All the materials for that came out to $4.14 a piece for each completed necklace (bought at Hobby Lobby). AND I'm making dreamcatchers for the whole wedding party. They will have their own post at a later date as well. 

I'm still stumped about what something extra I want to get my sister AKA my maid of honor. Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment