Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Wedding Dress Situation.

So, the first time I went wedding dress shopping it was just my mom and I, and I fell in love with a dress. A gorgeous, expensive dress. A dress that made me look like a million bucks and might as well have been made out of dollar bills. So we walked away empty handed. Shortly thereafter I found out that my future mother-in-law used to MAKE wedding dresses. As in from nothing but a couple yards of tulle and satin she (through some form of magic I'm not yet familiar with) created miracles.

A little bit later while strolling through Salado, TX - my mom convinces me to go into this little wedding dress consignment shop she had recently discovered. And there - among the racks of taffeta, lace, polyester, satin, and tulle dating all the way back to the 1950's - was something wonderful. The dress as a whole was dated... VERY dated. But I looked past that and I saw its potential. The train is about three feet long, the skirt very full, and nearly every inch covered in the most magnificent lace I've ever laid my eyes on. I paid the woman $300 and walked out with it in my hands.

I'm going to show y'all me in the dress if you promise not to judge it too harshly. The idea is that it will look absolutely nothing like it does now when Evan's mom is done with it. But here it is, in all its glory.


 

 
So yeah, that'll be the bones of my actual dress - which should end up looking something like this one.
 
 
There will be a few differences, for example, I don't like the one-shoulder thing, so it would be strapless, and I also don't want to loose the awesome trim from the original so that would definitely still be the trim on the final dress. Other than that I guess you'll all just have to wait until the wedding to see how amazing my dress is!

No comments:

Post a Comment